Membership is now open!!
That’s right! You can now be a member of Adventure Therapy Aotearoa! The leadership rōpū have been working hard to develop the incorporated society of Adventure Therapy Aotearoa to ensure the future of Adventure Therapy for many years to come. We are now pleased to announce that membership is open!!!
Please get involved and become a member
Why we became an association:
- You need to be an association to have a bank account… Previously we had all our conference monies running through a private account of one of our members So it’s a good thing to have a system that is more robust!
- It allows us to grow and expand into potentially applying for grants to help fund the annual gathering and help people get to over seas conferences.
- It gives a framework for the group going forward – so this thing will last well beyond our years!
Why do we need members?
- We need members because our association is set up to be for the networking and support purposes of the members!
- We need members to help shape the future of Adventure Therapy in New Zealand
- We need members to be voted on to the leadership group to keep this thing going…
How much does it cost?
- $60 for the year (up to the next conference basically)
- $40 for the year if you are a student or unwaged.
Can I get an invoice?
- If you need one, yes we can do that.
- Please keep in mind our admin team is voluntary – so if you don’t need one, don’t get one… ta
- We are not GST registered.
What will we do with the money?
- The purpose of the money is to invest into developing Adventure Therapy in NZ and the association.
- Any spending of the money is decided by the full 11 on the leadership group not any one person.
- Some of the money goes towards practical things like the website cost.
- We happy to take suggestions if you think there are things that would help us!
- If it is used for nothing else, it may join the other $7,000 we currently have that will form a scholarship for Kiwis to get to the next International Adventure Therapy Conference.
What do I get as a member?
- Not a lot at this stage! More to come in the future though….
- You do get to be a voting member for the AGM…
- You can stand to be voted onto the leadership group…
- You will get a discount on the annual gatherings going forward…
- Best of all – you get the satisfaction of knowing you are investing into the development of this thing we love in New Zealand!
It’s pretty cheap – can I give more to support the development of AT in Aotearoa?
- Absolutely! You can give as much as you like At this stage it’s not tax deductible, but if we become charity status then you may!
- ADVENTURE THERAPY AOTEAROA ACCOUNT NUMBER 38-9020-0523950-00
Sounds amazing – how do I sign up?
- Click here for the
We hope this answers most of your questions. If you have more please feel free to email us email@example.com
If you would like to join our mailing list please follow the link below…